Henson produces high precision razors using an original ‘t-shaped’ handle, universal blades, aerospace manufacturing and a disruptive business model (one razor to last a lifetime with blades that cost pennies on the dollar to replace).
- The challenge for this project was threefold – brand, business and marketing.
- Brand objective: focus and clarity in the brand message
- Business objective: increase sales and household penetration (with a product that doesn’t lend itself to repeat purchases)
- Marketing objective: increase recognition and awareness
- Delivered a strategic positioning and distinct POV working with a small, cross-functional team.
- Established the brand personality, tone of voice and look/feel that signaled their difference and would resonate with new and primary audiences.
- Identified areas of opportunity, platforms, and concepts to communicate the brand POV in an unexpected and unconventional way.
- Designed fresh brand assets, illustrations, graphic patterns, and a color system that supported the new brand positioning.
- Developed a brand book and paper trail of our strategic work to serve as a communications blueprint for illustrating the new brand.
Just a few short months after our work together, the Henson team has experienced a number of tangible and intangible benefits, including:
- Alignment from the team and external partners on our identity
- A compelling story and brand voice to streamline marketing efforts
- Significant increase in interest from brand-centric partnerships
- A ‘vetting’ system and lens to internally assess brand opportunities
- Consistency in brand tone and language across consumer touchpoints
- A level of maturity and polish across brand communications and visuals