Milady (part of Cengage Group) is an educational product and curricula for beauty professionals, schools and institutions with a 90 year history.
- The brand dominated 80% for the professional school market (B2B), and desired to grow their B2C business.
- They struggled to differentiate from the competition (beyond their history) and wanted to highlight some of the important initiatives the company was part of into their brand story and positioning.
- Additionally, the company introduced a digital curriculum and wanted the brand to reflect a more tech-savvy education solution.
- Delivered a distinct brand strategy relating to the pursuit of knowledge and thought leadership in the beauty learning space.
- Re-established the brand as a comprehensive academic and professional training solution
- Designed a cohesive, timeless visual identity that communicated a tech-forward essence without sacrificing the history of the brand.
- Produced commercial imagery and custom illustrations to add interest and recognizability to the brand beyond the logo.
- Delivered an internal communications campaign for rolling the new brand out to the broader team.
- Crafted brand guidelines to ensure smooth implementation.
After working with our team, the brand experienced internal alignment and consistency in their identity across the board. Internally, Milady shifted from letting our products speak for the brand to having a compelling narrative that was bigger than the products and services offered.