Whisps cheese crisps launched in 2016 by an independent cheese manufacturer and acquired by Kainos Capital in 2018. The core product was formulated to be a healthier alternative to highly processed, artificial, shelf-stable cheese snacks.
- Post-acquisition, the brand and product faced challenging times- pandemic, changing personnel, a lack of clear product/package innovation strategy, and internal debates about whether this was a cheese, a snack, or a ‘health food’ brand
- After hiring a new CEO and CMO, Whisps reached out for help in defining a commercial case for change, a focused brand identity, a realistic plan of action to return the brand to growth, and a team culture united by a shared sense of mission, vision, and purpose.
- We facilitated a Brand Identity process with the Whisps leadership and cross-functional team.
- The brand team aligned on shifting focus from ‘real cheese’ to a mission of putting substance back into snack foods.
- A new mission was put into place with an emphasis on natural, whole ingredients and substantial nutritional benefits.
- The company achieved positive top and bottom line growth.
- Filled the innovation pipeline for the next 5 years.
- Relaunched the brand at industry trade shows.
- Launched a new brand marketing effort positioning Whisps as a healthier snack alternative to overly processed, artificial snacks.